Here's a typical printing workflow.
1) Set up Lightroom for your printer and paper.
Go to 1 - Set Up.
You'll select your printer.
You'll select the paper's:
• Orientation: Portrait or landscape
2) Select a photograph or photographs to be printed.
In the Library module, select a photograph or photographs.
You can select more than one preview by pressing and holding the Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) key.
If you're in the Develop module and go to the Print module, the photograph that you were editing will be the one to be printed.
In the Print module, click on a collection in the Collections panel on the left side of your screen.
Then, select a photograph or photographs in the Filmstrip.
3) If you're not already there, go to the Print module.
4) Select a template in the Template Browser panel on the left side of your screen.
As you move the cursor over the templates, each template is displayed in the Preview panel.
5) Modify the template, if necessary, by changing the options in the the panels on the right side of your screen.
The default print resolution and sharpening settings are often the best.
6) If you modify the template, and are likely to use the same settings again, choose one of the two options below.
Right click on the template, and select Update with Current Settings.
a) Click the + icon in the Template Browser panel tab on the left side of your screen.
b) Rename the template from Untitled Template, and select a folder, such as the default folder, User Templates.
7) Click the Print button in the lower-right corner of your screen.
Go to Printing.