Metadata is data:
• Recorded by the camera when you take a photograph.
• Added when you import photographs, such as adding contact and copyright information.
• Added at any time, such as a caption.
Look for the menu in the tab for the panel.
It's set to the Default menu.
If you want to see more camera metadata, select the EXIF + IPTC menu.
You can create a metadata preset for your contact and copyright information.
Then, you can apply the preset to:
• All of the photographs you're importing.
• Photographs in the Library module in Grid view.
Do the following.
1) Go to the Library module.
2) Open the Metadata panel.
3) Select Edit Presets in the Preset menu.
4) In the Edit Metadata Presets window, look for the IPTC Copyright section.
5) Do you want to use all of the fields—or just some of them?
If you select the tiny box in the upper-left corner of the section, all of the fields in the section become active.
If you want to enter information in only some of the fields, select the box at the right end of the field.
6) Enter your copyright information.
The easiest way to enter the copyright symbol (©) is to copy it from elsewhere, and paste it into the field.
7) In the Edit Metadata Presets window, look for the IPTC Creator section.
8) Enter your contact information, selecting the fields using the boxes, as described above.
9) At the top of the Edit Metadata Presets window, open the Preset menu, and select Save Current Settings as New Preset.
10) Enter a name for the preset, and click Create.
11) At the bottom right of the Edit Metadata Presets windows, click Done.
There are two methods to apply the metadata presets.
When importing photographs, open the Apply During Import panel, and select your metadata preset.
In the Library module, in Grid view, select photographs.
Open the Metadata panel, and select your metadata preset.
Go to Metadata.
|6.4 - Metadata Panel|